Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Some Like It HOT!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARILYN!

Have to admit I almost forgot one of my favorite ladies of all time's birthday! It's hard not to love Marilyn. She's just fascinating and so captivating and the ultimate boudoir boom shell. When I was in high school it was her photographs taken by AndrĂ© de Dienes that inspired me to be a photographer myself. There are tons of fabulous photographs of Marilyn Monroe but Dienes' are something special, majority of them taken when before Marilyn was Marilyn and she was a girl known a Norma Jean. She is candid and real, before the pressures of Hollywood effected her. I wanted to take pictures that captured the true beauty of every woman. 
 
One of my favorite quotes from Marilyn is, "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."  Happy Birthday Marilyn, to a true Hollywood icon and ultimate boudoir lady! 



No comments:

Post a Comment