Friday, June 17, 2011

Confessions of a Business Owner

Hi, My name is Laura and I'm the new girl in town!

As you may or may not have noticed there has been a lot of changes to the Boudoir Denver blog and my “first big girl” website ElleBeaPhoto.com . I've always been passionate about photography but business?! Yikes! Business was more like a dirty word and something I was straight up terrified of! I have always thought of myself as an artist, not a business woman. Fear started to stand in my way of pursuing my dreams and I couldn't let stupid fear stand in my way anymore! I would like to introduce to the world my vision, my passion, my heart and my soul... Boudoir Denver. While posting my latest photography sessions, tips & tricks, and featuring other fabulous business in Denver run by lovely ladies, I would also love to share with you all my journey in pursing my dreams as a business owner. Hopefully I might inspire some of you amazing ladies to follow your dreams too!



This is the brand new look of Boudoir Denver! Another “B” word in business is branding... the look and most importantly the feeling of a business. Boudoir photography to me is more than just sexy photographs, it's a celebration of womanhood and more importantly a celebration of self! I will admit it, I HATE photographs of myself, majority of woman do. I want to change that. I want to create an experience that will make every woman feel sexy, romantic and as beautiful on the outside as she is on the inside. I started to focus on how to communicate this feeling in my business visually and it was as if the universe handed it to me on a silver platter. I wanted a look that was both romantic and feminine then suddenly I was surrounded by color! From my morning breakfast (rainier cherries) to a rusted pickup truck suddenly the “look” of Boudoir Denver appeared! A warm natural pallet of brown and beige with a pop of my new favorite girlie color, coral. I hope you love the new look as much as I do! Stay tuned for more confessions. Be inspired and Dream BIG!

{xoxo}

Elle Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment